Monday, August 2, 2010

What Dreams are Made of...


I had a dream about you the other night.. It is so hard to explain to anyone else. It was amazing. I didn't even wake up sad. I was so happy. The dream itself was, well crazy, as they usually are for me. You asked me how Mason was and said you would visit soon, like you had been to see him before. We talked about everyone.. I caught you up on the latest drama. For the first time EVER, I had a dream about you and we sat down and talked. We never do that, kind of like real life when you were here. We rarely sat down and just talked, it was usually me in trouble for something or there was a recent tragedy.

You sat and listened to me babble on about me and life etc. I cried a little and you told me it would be alright. I miss that. I held your hand and it was rough like it was real. You smelled like a mixture of gasoline and fresh mowed yard, I forgot how I loved that smell. You were wearing your old blue sweatshirt that had the oil stain on it just like my 8th birthday when you and mom had a suprise party and gave me that purple bike with the white basket and the daisies on the front. I am so glad that is the way I remembered you. I could go on describing it. There was some silence, but we just sat together and I was happy. I don't remember all the words, but what I do remember made me so happy.

"Do you know I love you? I love you very much Heather. You can talk to me any time you want. I will listen". Tears rolled down you cheek, you stood up let go of my hand and dissappeared...

I had to share it. I don't care how childish it sounds. I never have dreams this vivid of him. I wish they would happen more often, I wake up feeling like I went to visit him in a way.

No matter how old you get you are still someones baby. I will always call my mother mommy until I can't say it anymore. My good memories outweigh the bad and I have my parents to thank for that.

Peace Love and ZzZzZz

2 comments:

  1. This is just what dreams are made of gnocchi. Without dreams what is left in life. I remember that day like it was yesterday. The sweatshirt, the tattered jeans, the smell and the smile. Like a moment, a fleck in time; just an hour, day or week ago. Somethings in our life requires our memories to stay swift in our mind. Good memories and some not so good. My dreams are always in that sweatshirt and those tattered jeans. I love you Heather and am so proud of the woman you have become and thank you for being my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Anonymous..I love you too...

    ReplyDelete