Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jagged Little Pills


Headache.. pop a pill, back hurts.. pop a pill, can't sleep.. pop a pill, blood pressure too low.. pop a pill, blood pressure not low enough.. pop a pill, side effects from one pill.. pop a pill, side effects from that pill.. pop a pill.
See where i'm going with this? My world has been run by pills, and not the fun make you feel all warm and free inside pills. PILLS! Over the counter pills, prescription pills, a vitamin for this a vitamin for that.

I have come to a conclusion: I DON'T NEED IT ANYMORE! Now don't get me wrong, there are some that I nor my family can live with out such as my anxiety medicine. That does help and I just can't relax my mind long enough to convince myself I don't need them. For those of you that know me, you probably know what's coming next.

I recently entered the world of acupuncture. Yea little tiny needles placed in areas that are called accupoints to help with certain health problems such as sinus headaches, migraines, aches and pains etc. I was always worried about the price, and the feeling of little needles being put into my skin, but honestly if you find the right place it is easier on the wallet than you think and you hardly feel the needles. I have only been twice so far, but I have not had a migraine or needed to take a migraine pill in two weeks. Which is a big deal for me. I think that this will be my new addiction. If I have to have one, I would prefer it to be something that is not a chemical dependency and that actually HELPS! So for right now acupuncture it is. If you are having problems with anything and you have an open mind, consult your local acupuncturist.


That is all for this one.

Peace & love

No comments:

Post a Comment