Sunday, June 5, 2011

Going to sleep to dream

I know I’ve talked about my dreams before. I am always trying to interpret them in my own mind. Sometimes I come up with some strange off the wall interpretation and

then again sometimes it seems like it could work. For instance, nine times out of ten, my dreams include my father. Over the past six months or so I have been angry with him, even in my dreams and he never seems to explain himself to me or help me understand. That is a whole other blog. Today is a totally different kind of dream and surprisingly daddy wasn't in it.

If you are a close friend or you follow my blogs, you know that I can no longer have babies. I made this decision along with my husband and my doctor and we decided it was just better for my health to stop at one. It was a really hard decision that I did not take lightly and if I could go back and change it I totally would. So obviously this is something that weighs on me all the time, sometimes more than others.

Recently my best friend found out she is going to have a baby. I was so happy for her when she told me, it brought tears to my eyes. I think some of those tears were a little bit of jealousy tears too, but I love her and I know how badly she wants another baby so I am ecstatic. Ok back on track here.

Thursday night I had a very real dream that I was pregnant. I felt every bit of the dream. It wasn't just any dream either; I woke up the next morning with tears in my eyes and sick to my stomach, took a breath and got up to start my day. The meaning of the dream didn't come until later in the day. Friday, Mason, my only child ever graduated preschool. I know it's just preschool, but I think subconsciously the dream I had was my mind realizing that my baby is growing up so fast and I can't control it! This was the first time I think my dream interpretation was 100% right on. I think it is high time for me to take in every day and go by that cliché phrase Carpe Diem. I need to seize every single moment I have with that little boy even though (as he says) he will always be my baby.

I just wanted to share that. One of the many reasons, I love to sleep. Sometimes dreams are very real..

Peace Love and seize the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment