Wednesday, November 13, 2013

He is all mine...

“He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.” I am not about to start quoting the bible tonight, but a friend of mine said that quote to me today when we were talking about it being my anniversary today. I thought it was perfect for what we have. My husband and I have known each other for way longer than 10 years. We dated back when I was 17 and he was 21 (convenient right?) I was just entering into my party-animal stage and he was just starting a new job (that would end up being his career) which made him travel a lot. I was so immature and I did not understand yet that men were supposed to be nice and respect women; I was still in the “bad boy” stage of relationships. So, like most girls did when they were in those types of stages in life, I dumped him and moved on without a care. We stayed friends or well acquaintances for the next 4 or so years and that was that. Then one day I got a call from him asking me out to dinner and well, 10 years later here we are, married! I have been married to this man for 9 years today and I can honestly say that I don’t wish anything different. I may joke here and there, but I love him more and more each day. He has seen me at my worst and my best. He has seen me through countless surgeries, depression, sadness, grief, hatred, pregnancy, birth, more depression, unemployment and well I could sit here all night. He has never once even tried to disrespect me. He has never called me a bitch, even though he probably should have. He has never laid a hand on me, besides the usual smack on the butt every morning. He loves and respects me even when I know I am being hard to handle or put up with. I will be the first to admit that I am not the easiest person to handle or deal with sometimes and even after I broke his heart, he came back and tried one more time. He who doesn’t run for the hills when things get rough is a keeper. He, who takes every punch you throw out of grief and heartbreak without a second thought, is a treasure. He, who works his ass off day in and day out to make sure you and your son have everything that you need plus some, is a blessing. He who cares for your siblings like they are his own, even when he sees your heart broken from it, is amazingly good man. Yes I am being cheesy as hell right now (and some of you might just puke.), but I honestly suck at saying things like this to his face and that is how I know my love is real, because I don’t want to say the wrong thing. I want to make sure he knows. He is awesome and well, He is mine! Happy Anniversary to the greatest gift I could have, the love of another for a lifetime. Peace and Love…

No comments:

Post a Comment