Thursday, July 7, 2011

What for what?


I know that everyone is angry about the Casey Anthony verdict. I have read a few blogs speaking about Caylee and how there has not been justice for her and I DO agree with that. Instead of doing my usual tearful blog, I am not going to talk about Caylee yet, even though I am sure I will have something along that topic soon enough. I just wanted to do a little comparison to try and put this whole thing into perspective for both myself and others.

I will start with saying I believe she is GUILTY AS SIN, but sadly my opinion does not matter and neither does yours anymore. She will be set free and she could honestly go live on TV and say “yea I did do it haha” and NOBODY can do anything about it. The fact of the matter is that this is the justice system that we all live within and respect (most of us). I went to school majoring in Psychology and Criminal Justice and learned all about the ins and outs of this system. Sadly even though I wanted to believe that the jury would find her guilty, I knew they could not convict her.

Though we all feel that our justice system has failed, and we all pretty much KNOW that all signs point to her guilt, our justice system has freed a lot of people that were wrongly accused, back before DNA and all scientific stuff starting coming into play. There have been many people that have actually been wrongfully convicted for crimes and have spent half or more of their lives behind bars away from their families and the outside world. The sad thing is a lot of them are still behind bars.

My younger sister had never been in trouble in her life, got a little out of hand and got arrested for the first time. The first time! She got the full sentence and spent the last 3 years of her life behind bars. Now am I saying I think the system failed her? No, I think her life was saved because of it. She was punished for what she had done and will be working her ass off to rebuild and rekindle what has been lost from her life. There are rapists, child molesters and even still murderers walking our streets because of our justice systems flaws. It makes me angry, but the only thing I can keep telling myself is that we also have a lot of people that have gotten their lives back because of exoneration and evidence and good juries that follow the rules.

That jury had a very hard job. They have not failed us or Caylee Marie Anthony. They did the job that they were told to do, to the best of their ability with the evidence that was provided and yes she will go free. Many people dropped the ball in this case; witnesses and attorneys alike but it’s too late. All we can hope for now is that in some way or another the guilty pay and the not guilty are set free. Sadly in this case it was the opposite.

That is my rant for the day.

Peace, Love and May she be haunted daily and lose sleep over what she did

No comments:

Post a Comment