Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's a boy!


I have never been the cuddly, cutesy, girly type that was all embarrassed around boys in school. The only thing that made me girly in my eyes was my intense love for figure skating. I never wore the little skirts or dresses on the rink. It was shorts and leggings for me and the first time one of those preppy little princesses mouthed off to me on the rink they would have one angry tomboy on their hands.

I had more boy friends in school, than girls for the shear fact that I could not stand many of the girls and their cuteness, boy-talk and lip gloss. I liked being rude with the boys, talking about cars and being “just one of the guys”, which made my dad worry if you know what I mean. To this day, I would rather wear an old pair of my husband’s shorts outside, than an uncomfortable bikini or a pair of shorts that even remotely rise above my knees. I was actually relieved the day the ultrasound tech told me that I was having a boy! Having a girl sounded good in theory, but I was scared to death of all that pink, dolls, and PMS; if she was going to be anything like her mother….look out! It is just easier to dress a boy in tattered jeans or overalls, and let him get all dirty and drop his drawers in the backyard if he has to go really bad.

However, there is something to be said about shoes. Holy cow do I love shoes. Shoes are the one thing that is constant. Once you reach your size, your feet don’t get fatter or skinnier for that matter. I remember my favorite pair of boots growing up. They were little black ankle boots that I wore with EVERYTHING! I believe I even wore them with a Halloween costume one year. Thereafter, I have always had a pair of black boots in my closet, even now with my token “slut boots” as I call them. I remember the sound my boots made when I would walk down the hall at school or anywhere, they would click and it made me feel important, like everyone was looking at my boots. I guess that is another thing that makes me girly… To this day…the click click click is an exhilarating noise to me, never annoying, but always with pants..

That is all.

Peace, love and Purple shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment