Friday, May 28, 2010

NEW KNOWLEDGE

I feel like I am ignoring you my sweet blog that listens to me and doesn't talk back or judge!! I have had alot going on both in and outside my head. My book finally came in the mail yesterday and I have already started reading it. It is called "Letting Go of the Person You Used To Be; Lessons on change, loss and spiritual transformation". It is written by Lama Surya Das who is a Buddhist. I am very intrigued by this book and will keep you informed. For today, I will just share what I have absorbed so far.

Das says: "Face your difficulties realistically, rather than withdrawing from them, and riches can be yours. When faced with pain and misfortune, simply stop and center yourself in the present moment, here and now; take a deep breath, sit down and concentrate; pray; or try to laugh, one way or another. Laugh the cosmic laugh, lighten up and be en-lightened".

This is something I need to learn. I need to stop living in my pain or sadness. I have to live in the NOW as they say. I have actually had to take a few deep breaths today and it really has helped. I will learn to build myself into the woman I know I can be.

and one more quote...

"When the heart grieves for what is lost, the spirit rejoices over what is left".
Sufis

That is so true..HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL..BE SAFE!

PEACE N LOVE..

No comments:

Post a Comment