Thursday, May 13, 2010

Little Princess


I went to the visitation last night and I am having a hard time describing my feelings when I walked into Parlor room D. The mood was not that of a visitation for an adult who had passed. I have never been to a funeral or a visitation of a child and I was terrified in the first place. I think alot of it was because I have a child of my own and could not even begin to imagine losing him, let alone having to watch him fight and struggle as long as she did. I didn't cry.. Which surprised me to no end. I walked in and there is was.. a small pink pearl casket covered with flowers and giant Abby Cadabby sitting in the chair next to it. It became clear that a child had passed. That is really all I can bring out to describe. So then I wrote this:

Sweet little princess, with eyes so bright, please do not worry, there will be no more fight.
You were brought to this world, an angel in disguise and fought to the end, a warrior in our eyes.
Sweet little princess, with a heart so true, always wearing a smile, no matter what you went through.
Your pink painted nails and little bows in your hair, made it seem like you had not a care.
Sweet little princess so young and free, your time hear with us has come and gone so abruptly.
You learned all you could and loved to no end, that you have all you need to begin your ascend.
Sweet little princess do not be afraid.
That halo is yours now all shiny and luminous.
Those wings are yours too and will help you watch over us.
For when it became your time to leave, a brand new angel, in heaven, was conceived.


Rest in Peace Little Princess.. Though I didn't get a chance to get to know you I love you like I did and will miss you just the same. You have inspired me in a way that is indescribable and you were already an angel for that..

PEACE N LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful way to describe such a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete