Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello Beautiful.



This morning I got out of bed and started to walk out to the office, where I keep the scale. Just before I stepped on, I thought to myself NO I really don't want to ruin my morning this way. So I turned around and went back into the bathroom to shower. Why does THAT have to ruin my day? Why are weight and looks such an issue? I say that I don't care what people think, but the fact of the matter is, it is not people, it is me! I am the person that gives me a hard time.. Sounds crazy right?

So I stripped down and eyed myself in the mirror this morning. Very curvy! But I said "hello beautiful" giving it my best legitimate voice. Then I went about my morning getting ready for work.

As I was putting on my make-up, it then dawned on me that it is not just my body that bothers me, but my not so flawless skin...my hair...my nose..etc.

The painting you see above is called Venus of Urbino by Titian. I fell in love with this painting in college Art Appreciation years ago. It made me happy to see that there were/are men out there that find all woman beautiful. This was Titian's ideal woman..Any and all of his paintings right down his depiction of Mary Magdalene were of curvy busty beautiful woman.

So what happened? Why all of a sudden is it such a terrible thing to be a little curvier than the norm? What is the norm? Oh no, here I go psychologizing..

I have set a goal for myself and it started this morning. I am going to look into the mirror daily and say something I love about myself. Let's just face it our men love us, yes! but they are not the best at selling our beauty to us..unless the mood is right (if ya know what I mean). Whether we are bigger or smaller than we would like to be we are all gods art and I am going to start today, appreciating that!

I am beautiful and so are you. What is your favorite feature? Honestly to me, it is a joke sometimes, but I really LOVE my butt! Seriously, it is huge! But it is there and I think one of my best attributes.

Just gaze at that woman above.. She is beautiful.! At least I know that Titian would have hit on me..

Peace N Love

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS POST!
    I'm going to start doing that in the morning, too. I think it will help.
    I also loved Peter Paul Rubens artwork as well, depicting women in their curvier, lovelier forms.

    ReplyDelete