Monday, April 26, 2010

Keep your friends close..


As I do everyday while eating lunch, I peruse over some of my friends facebook pictures and their friends to see if there is anyone I have missed. Today, I realized that there was once a time that I had quite a few friends in my life. I remember how hard it was for me to actually make friends back in the day. Then, when I finally had a good group of close friends, my parents felt it necessary to move us to HickTown Tennessee. I was so angry! I had just finished 11th grade and now I had to do my senior year in a whole other state! I thought it was over. I had to leave all my friends in Florida behind and attempt to make new ones, in some Podunk town. All I could think of was Dolly Parton, Country music and Cowboy boots!

June 1997 we made the big move and that was the last time I got to see any of my closest friends! I wrote letters and made some phone calls in the beginning months , but soon that stopped and we all lost touch. Then came Myspace and then Facebook. All of a sudden I had all my old friends just a mouse click away. We all spoke like we had never lost touch, but we really had. I look back on their pictures from the past years and I feel like I should have been in some of those pictures. It makes me jealous at times. Don't get me wrong, we all have our memories, but I just can't help but imagine what it would have been like if we had stayed....

Well, I would not have the life I have right now that is for sure. I would never have met my husband, which means I would have never had my beautiful son and I definitely wouldn't be were I am today!.

Over the past couple of years, I have made some pretty awesome friends! Friends that I know I can count on. Real friends that would drop everything and help me plan a surprise party for my husband. Real friends that understand how I am feeling and know that when I say "I'm okay" Okay is just not normal for me. Real friends that understand what being a mother is like and get it when I just don't feel like talking or going anywhere. Real friends who don't judge me even the slightest when I tell them my darkest secrets. Real friends that will drop everything and come with me to the doctor, just to watch my son in the waiting room. REAL REAL friends. They are my girlfriends.

It is odd how things change in life. I always had friends that were guys and argued with girls. Maybe I was jealous.. Hey, Maybe they were jealous, who knows. I never saw me saying that I had "girlfriends" but I do and I love them all dearly. Whether we see each other every day, talk every day, or don't for weeks at a time; we always catch up! I am so grateful to have my girls! They get me! And I get them! And well, what else is there?

That's all that is on my mind right now!

Peace N Love

2 comments:

  1. One of the most difficult things for me in looking at my "past life" friends on FB is knowing just where I would fit in those pictures and moments, were I there. It is tough when we grow away from friends, and as much as you still miss being a part of their life, don't forget to treasure the one you have. Become the person who is missed.

    ReplyDelete