Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Here Goes

I have no idea what I am doing here. Honestly, my writing skills have been tucked away for quite some time now, so please bear with me. I guess since the definition of a blog is "journal-like", I could start by just giving a background about myself for those of you who don't know me. I am going to be turning 30 in June which, I guess, brings upon the thought that I am trying to do something different, now that I am no longer in my mid-20s. Let me see.. When I was an addictions counselor one of my favorite activities to get to know the clients was "who am I", which I found helped them to realize that their drugs did not define them. It works for anyone really. So, here goes:


First and foremost I am a mother..I am a wife a daughter a sister..I am an aunt a cousin a granddaughter. I am a best friend. I am a dreamer. I am a peacekeeper. I am a transcriptionist. I am a lover. I am a talker. I am a shoulder to cry on. I am an ear to listen.

I am a victim of rape, of losing someone, of watching someone die, of watching someone fight to stay alive. Change scares me.

I am a child at heart. I am VERY immature. I love too much and sometimes not enough. I am pushy (ask my husband).

I have been a Corrections officer, a drug counselor and a paralegal, none of which I stuck with. I get bored easily.

I am a hard worker, a perfectionist, a dog groomer and a published poet. I think I'm manic at times.

I am never satisfied with my self-image.

I would love to be a comedian, on Saturday night live. I want to be an actress. I want to be famous. I could not function without music..

I am alive..and I am loved.

Can you tell I am scatter brained?

I am honest, that is me.


Not sure if that helped me or you more.. I guess all in all I am just an average gal, that loves to write, make people laugh, and help. I am obsessed with helping people. And enjoy constructive criticism and helping people solve problems. I am very opinionated, but try not to offend.

I encourage you to do this same exercise, it is a great way look at the big picture of "yourself".

Peace n Love until next time.

2 comments: